Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday Travel Diary - Transfagarasan


As I told you in my previous post, I'm gonna start a new category on the blog - Travel Diary. I won't be posting every Tuesday since I can't travel all the time (although I would love to ). For our first travel diary I chose to tell you about a trip we did a couple of weeks ago. Me and a couple of friends went to the mountain and there the weather was harsh with us, it was really foggy and it rained, not to mention the 12 Celsius degrees we had to endure, but it was an awesome trip. I have never been to Transfagarasan before. I think you've heard of it ... some call it "the best road in the world". "It has a spectacular view and 90 km of twists and turns that run from north to south across the tallest sections of the Southern Carpathians, between the highest peaks in the country, Moldoveanu, and the second highest, Negoiu. The road connects the historic regions of Transylvania and Wallachia, and the cities of Sibiu and Pitesti. " . If you want more info about it click here.

The view on the way to Balea Lac which is a glacial lake is amazing. You don't know where to look first, left or right, not to mention that the view from up there is speechless. I'm really glad that it was foggy outside because it had such a mystery vibe. You can sleep there, they have cottages with everything you need, but because it's such a beautiful place you have to plan your trip ahead and book  in advance a room or two. I definitely recommend you to visit it and spend at least one night there. You won't regret it, trust me. These pictures were taken with our phones and don't do justice to that amazing place. Unfortunately we couldn't stay there and had to go back so I couldn't explore it properly, but the next time I'll get there, I will definitely spend a night or two, and explore all its surroundings (dressed with warmer clothes because I was freezing until one of my friends gave me a blouse. And a reminder for me - don't wear sandals :d ).

I hope you guys like this post. For more updates follow me on instagram @sinziananegres. Please let me know what you think about it in the comment section below. I'm looking forward to hear your opinions and suggestions. I wish you all a wonderful week. See you next time. kisses
















Don't forget to check out my facebook page:


Lots of love <3


Follow on Bloglovin


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment